Wednesday, July 12, 2006

The Vice on my Sanity

Alright, something new.

My fears. First among them is that one day I'll be stupid. I could not possibly put into words the degree to which I fear losing my intelligence.

What causes this fear, you ask? Stupid fucking adults. Tons of them, EVERYWHERE!

I not only don't want to be one, I don't want to be anything like one in any respect. I could never live with myself for having a shitty 8-hour job. I put more pressure on myself than anyone else I know, because I expect more from myself than I do from anyone else around me.

The thing that amazes me is how much people expect from me. I don't feel like I show my intelligence very much, but people are always setting the bar incredibly high. Not that I don't meet it, but it just begs the question: How do they know I can even approach that kind of achievement?

Anyway, I hate doing this at the risk of sounding cocky or elitist, so I'll sign off now.

EDIT: It's almost embarrassing to read this, now. No humility at all. I could have used a good cuffing.

No comments: